CDM Compliance Services
The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015, also known as CDM Regulations or CDM 2015, which came into force on 6 April 2015, are regulations governing the way construction projects of all sizes and types are planned. CDM 2015 is the latest update to the regulations that aim to improve the overall health, safety and welfare of those working in construction. The regulations define what construction works are and everyone who have health & safety duties during the planning and construction of a project, including home maintenance and improvement works.
Here at Eryri Consulting Limited, we provide CDM compliance services for Clients, Designers, Principal Contractors and Contractors / Builders.
For Principal Designer Services Click Here. Click Here for a link to CDM Awareness Training
Clients can include Commercial or Domestic (Your own Home) and includes landlords carrying out maintenance work. If the Client hasn’t got the necessary skills and knowledge to fulfil their duties under CDM Regulations 2015, then we can help with:
- Ensuring other duty holders appointed have the necessary skills, knowledge, experience and training
- Ensuring co-operation and communication for the project team
- Preparing “Pre-Construction Information” (existing Health & Safety File, Asbestos Survey, Service Drawings etc) to be used for the design and construction phase
- If necessary notify the HSE of the construction project through the F10 notification system
- Ensuring the Principal Designer and Principal Contractor comply with their duties
- Ensuring there is a sufficiently developed Construction Phase Plan in place before construction starts
- Check to ensure welfare facilities are in place during the Construction Phase are sufficient (Schedule 2)
- Ensuring the duty holders prepare a health and safety file to be handed over to the Client at the end of the project
Designers can include Architects, Structural Engineers, Civil Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Landscape Architects, Temporary Works Designers etc. If the Designer hasn’t got the necessary skills and knowledge to fulfil their duties under CDM Regulations 2015, then we can help with:
- Design Risk Management (Designers Risk Assessments)
- Applying the General Principles of Prevention
- Collating information required for the Health & Safety File
Eryri Consulting Limited occasionally also carry out “Designer Risk Management Workshops”. Get in touch with us to find out where and when we will be carrying out our next workshop.