ISO 27001:2022 – INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
ISO 27001:2022 focuses on a continual improvement, process-based approach that supports the effective Information Security management of your business. This enables you to meet customers’ requirements and legislation through an efficient, effective Information Security management system (ISMS). It is suitable for any organisation that wishes to tighten up security of company and client information improve customer satisfaction, staff awareness and build a culture of continual improvement. ISO 27001:2022 is based on the plan-do-check-act methodology and provides a process-based approach to documenting and reviewing the structure, responsibilities and procedures in the organisation, which are required to achieve effective Information Security management. When you gain ISO 27001, you will join over more than 40,000 organizations globally who have improved their businesses with this Information Security management system standard. ISO 27001 is not only recognised internationally as the world’s most widely adopted Information Security management system (ISMS), it is also a powerful business improvement tool – Especially in an age of increasing threats to cyber security
An ISO 27001 Information Security management system will help you to continually monitor and manage Information Security across your business so you can identify areas for improvement and keep everything running smoothly. Internationally, this is the Information Security system of choice.
It is important to update your 27001 ISO in the coming years. The 2013 accreditation expires in October 2025, but a huge number of companies need the update. The regulatory bodies able to complete certification audits will not be able to meet the demand, so leaving it to the last minute will result in a struggle to be accredited before the deadline. If you begin your process now, you will avoid losing accreditation and losing the custom that comes with it.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
ISO 27001:2022 is the latest version of ISO 27001. If you are still ISO 27001: 2013 certified, you will need to transfer your certification before October 31st 2025.
Eryri Consulting Limited can help you implement both versions of this standard.
As top management, your first requirement in meeting ISO 27001:2022 is to determine your business objectives and provide a documented information security policy. It is essential that your top management is committed to implementing an effective ISMS as this will be pivotal to success. With support from Eryri Consulting, you will create a invaluable information security management system.
Documented procedures and records required by the standard of ISO 27001:2022 to control an effective Information Security management system:
- A documented system will be created to control approval, distribution, revision and storage. These should be easy to operate and follow, yet sufficient to meet the requirements of the ISO 27001:2022 standards.
- You will demonstrate a clear process and set of procedures to ensure compliance is consistent.
- Objectives and targets will also be documented and must be consistent with the goals of the ISMS, including continual improvement and risk-based thinking.
- All relevant documentation should be made easily available and usable in either print or electronic version and communicated throughout your business.
- Throughout the process, internal audits will take place to confirm compliance to the international standards and that the ISMS meets the business requirements.
Continual improvement of the effectiveness of the Information Security management system must be followed on a continuous basis to confirm suitability.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS TO MY ORGANISATION?
- Increase your chance of success when tendering for new contracts.
- Reassure your current client base that their data is safe in your hands .
- Giving you tremendous competitive advantage over those without ISO accreditation.
- Provides senior management with an efficient management system to ensure data security for themselves and their clients.
- Sets out clear areas of responsibility across the organisation.
- Highlights any weaknesses in your information security processes.
- Encourages more awareness of security risks throughout the organisation.
- Significantly decreases the chance of an expensive breach of information security.
HOW IS THIS DIFFERENT TO OTHER STANDARDS?
27001 requirements are in line with the ISO 27001 standards as they apply to all sizes, shapes and types of companies and operations. They both require companies to state what they do, do what they state and evaluate their system.
There is increasing evidence that ISO 27001 will become much more important to companies as time goes by especially with increasing risks of cyber attacks. Other businesses are expected to begin asking their suppliers and contractors to have ISO 27001 certification, much the way they ask for ISO 9001 certification. This is to guarantee a commitment to protecting and securing highly important information.
HOW CAN ERYRI CONSULTING LIMITED HELP?
Eryri Consulting Limited are a professional ISO consultancy company based in North Wales. Our team are dedicated to supporting you and your business, no matter your size or current management system. We create, implement and manage the perfect information security management system to suit your business as a unique workplace and organisation. We set objectives, ensuring compliance to the requirements of the international standards and work with you to continually improve the quality across your provision.